1. All Waterbeach Club matches to be fished to N.F.A. rules, and all fish
to be returned to the water immediately after weighing.
2. Pegs shall not be less than 18 yards apart, and competitors may not
move more than one yard from the peg. Ladies and Junior anglers may receive
assistance in landing fish.
3. All profit from Elizabethan Cup match to be donated to charity.
4. No competitor to break the surface of the water before the starting
signal, except to mix groundbait.
5. Only one hook allowed. More than one rod may be made up, but only one
to be baited.
6. Minimum age for Juniors in matches; 10 years unless accompanied by a
7. Any competitor moving during a match must pass at least 15 yards
behind other competitors.
8. The committee reserve the right to alter or postpone match fixtures
without prior notice.
9. Club Cards must be shown at all Club Matches.
10. Any complaint of infringement of match rules must be made before
weighing-in. Stewards decision in all cases will be final.
11. All competitors not complying with match rules will be disqualified.
12. Pike and Zander are excluded from all Open or Club matches.
13. All matches to be fished strictly to time. Entries for matches close
on the Friday evening preceding the competition.
14. All entries received will be chargeable, whether or not the applicant
fishes, at a minimum of £2.00 per entry. A minimum fee of £2.00 shall be
made for all bookings on Waterbeach A.C. waters, Peg fees for Open and major League Matches will be £2.00.
15. In Club Matches, one prize will be presented for every ten anglers
16. If the River Cam is unfishable, matches will, if possible, be
switched to an alternative venue.
17. Regular matches will be held at Atkins Water, normally on two Sundays
in each month, when the water will be closed to other angling, normally
until 4pm. Further details will be displayed on the
notice board by the gate, and from the Match Secretary.
18. Junior matches will also be held at Atkins Water on some summer
evenings and one Saturday. For further details see displayed notices and the
'Junior Match Dates' page.
19. Qualifying Weights: No fish will QUALIFY for Club Specimen Prizes
unless they equal or exceed the following weights: BREAM 2lb.,
DACE 6oz., EELS 1lb., PERCH 10oz., PIKE 7lb., ROACH 12oz., RUDD 8oz.,
TENCH 1lb 8oz., - CARP, CHUB & PIKE to EA size limit.